Warranty & Returns
- It is the responsibility of the recipient to verify the condition of the goods received and note any shortages or damage on the carrier’s documentation at the time of delivery.
- Our terms of sale are FOB Lincolnwood. The responsibility for damage in transit is the carrier’s, whether it is visible or concealed damage.
- Inspect your shipment immediately. Insist that visible damages be indicated on all copies of the freight bill.
- Open boxes within 15 days of delivery and inspect for concealed damages and report any discrepancies. No adjustments will be made for discrepancies not reported within 15 days of receipt.
- In case of damaged LTL shipment, retain all packaging and notify the delivering carrier immediately. The carrier may wish to inspect the material. Place a phone call to the delivery carrier and confirm with a written report, holding a copy of the report for claim purposes.
- In case of a damaged FedEx package shipment, retain all packaging and notify Designs of Distinction®
- We take every precaution to ensure safe arrival and have consulted with the carriers to develop packaging. Our responsibility for the goods ceases when the shipment is turned over to the carrier.
- Claims of damages must be made by you to the carrier within 15 days of receipt of delivery.
Returned Goods Policy:
- All cut products (including moulding) and custom products (including bistro shelving, products with add-ons, etc.) are non-returnable.
- All products returned to Designs of Distinction®, must have the following:
- RMA number on the outside of box. Call our customer service rep to receive RMA number.
- ALL original packaging including interior protective boxes/materials. Should materials be missing, you may repackage product so as to protect all corners, edges, ends, etc. from damage.
Should product be returned with damage due to inadequate protection, a credit will not be issued.
- All requests for returns must be made within 30 days.
- All product must be in original condition unless Designs of Distinction® is advised of a problem prior to issuing of RMA.
- Returns for damage must be requested within 7 days of receipt of item.
- A restocking fee of 15% will be applied to all returns unless defective product.
- Product must be returned to Designs of Distinction® freight Prepaid unless other arrangements are made with Designs of Distinction®.
- Approved returns will not be accepted after 90 days.
Warranty – Wood Components:
- Our liability shall not exceed the replacement cost of our products.
- A defect on the material or workmanship must be reported upon receipt and prior to installation.
- Prompt and proper sealing and finishing is essential to maintain wood stability. Sealing the ends will reduce the chance of cracking due to moisture loss or moisture increase.
- We do not recommend our stock wood products for exterior use. Exterior-grade species and glue are available on a custom basis. Please call for a quote.
*WOOD PRODUCTS MUST BE MAINTAINED UNDER STABLE TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY CONDITIONS TO REMAIN UNDER WARRANTY.
Warranty – Iron Components:
- We will replace factory defective items within one year of purchase date, subject to approval.
- Defects caused by abuse, negligence, or damage from the installation are not covered.
- Damages arising from improper or incorrect installation are not covered.
- Certain inconsistencies in handcrafted wrought iron products should be expected and add to the character of the merchandise. Metal finishes may be subject to small variations. Brown Wood, Inc. is not responsible for color variations and cannot guarantee exact matches between similar items.